Monday, March 7, 2011

Another bout of snow....

Well we were blessed with another 2" of snow this weekend. Plus ice and slush. This was after 2 days of rain. Just have to love Michigan weather. It was not fun.

In the meantime, my son was enjoying 80 degree weather on Spring Break in Florida. He had a run in with a bunch of Manatees while fishing. Actually petted one. Here's a quick clip he sent me.

Also this weekend I went with my Best Friend Kali and her family to do a little wedding work. Her daughter is getting married in June so we went to the hall and the dress shop. This is her grand-daughter posing one of the dresses she tried on.

Isn't she the cutest thing ever????

Her mom, Ashlee is a very contemporary bride and wanted a splash of black in her dress. Here is some of the detail. I think she is going to be stunning. Her wedding party will be in pink and black.

Between the weather, helping with the wedding, doing a quick photo shoot, meeting with a customer...I had little time to stitch. But I did start Lizzie Kate's "Live Simply" and I fell in love with the dark chocolate material. I think that I will be using it more often in the future. Here's my progress:

I am hoping to get this finished by Wednesday. Keep your fingers crossed!


Michele

3 comments:

  1. I can see a future model here! Congrats on the new start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable little one. Love the black on the bride. You were close to a mantee. I get lake effect from Lake Michigan too.

    ReplyDelete