Sunday, February 27, 2011

Craft Room Organization

I keep telling myself that this will be so worth it in the end.......

I have spent the last few days starting to organize my craft room. I am an avid cross stitcher, scrapbooker, and I own my own photography business so to say I have a ton of "STUFF" is an understatement.

I really feel that finding an organizational method that works for you and that you can keep up with and ultilize is the hardest thing. Over the past 20 years I have organized and re-organized but this is really the first time I have done an entire room.

My stash is at the top of my list right now. I have a small room so I need to utilize space as much as possible. So this is what I have come up with for my charts....

When I get a new chart I make a sheet for it like this:
I put this sheet with the chart in a page protector and put it in a 3 ring binder (filed by designer alphabetically). When I get any items on these sheets I then take the sheet out of the binder and along with the items purchased I put them into a ziploc baggie and put them in a file that I have...... By doing this, I know what I need, what I have and what's ready to stitch. I also have built a searchable database.

This database also contains any material, threads, beads, buttons that I have purchased and have not put with any chart yet. Before I buy anything, I check the list to see if I have it.

My threads are kept on metal rings...each manufacturer is kept on a different ring and they are in alphabetical order.

It's a lot of work.....but I know that it's going to be great to be so organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment